Sunday, November 30, 2008

Welcome December


So, with Thanksgiving behind us, the Yates family starts preparing for Christmas. We got all of the stuff out of the attic and went to put the lights up on the outside of the house, wouldn't you know, out of my 4 or 5 strands of lights not one of them fully lit up. I have no idea how it happened 1/2 of every strand was perfect and the other half was dead. I tried to mess with them but had no luck. So after a quick trip to Freddy's, Blayne and I successfully put the lights up on the lower level of the house. We have not been brave enough to put them up on the second story. We spent too much time on the roof this summer while painting, we don't feel the need to get up there any more than we have to. We didn't get our tree this weekend but we made a spot for it. We just have to figure out how to keep Maddy away from it, then we can go get it. Ashley put her Christmas music on my iPod, so I can play it in my car. Victoria and I made the traditional Christmas chain out of construction paper this afternoon. So the countdown begins!!!

1 comment: