Friday, February 12, 2010

The Snowboarding Yates Children

Thursday Victoria played hookie from school and we took the kids up to use their snowboards that Uncle Sean bought them for Christmas. Sean wasn't here for Christmas so this is their first chance to take them up, and take them up with Sean.

Gavin did great and was boarding all by himself by the end of the afternoon. Victoria also took a short run without Sean holding on to her. I am definitely proud of the effort they put in and since they both had a positive experience I think it will be that much easier to get them both up again.

Blayne and Sean went up boarding by themselves on Friday and Gavin asked if he could go. Blayne told him maybe next time, he was quite disappointed. He was sure he could go and keep up with them. I definitely think he is a natural, but maybe not quite ready to go with the big boys.

While the boys were boarding the rest of us went back and forth sledding. G'ma and G'pa, Maddy and I took turns sledding. Maddy didn't even need a sled, she was perfectly fine with wallowing all over in the snow. I think she may be part penguin. Hmmm, what does that make me? It must come from Blayne! :)











2 comments:

Cali said...

I love that last pic of Tori and Blayne! So sweet.

Blayne and Aerin Yates said...

That's Sean and Blayne, but still a good picture :)