Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Crazy Things My Kids Say.........

When Gavin lost his first tooth the following morning our conversation went like this.......Me: Gavin did you brush your teeth? G: Yes Mom. Me: Well, what did you do about that one missing in the front? G: Mom......(I love the look that goes along with this tone of voice!)

Several nights in the last month Maddalyn (age 3) fights going to bed. Her most common story goes like this........Maddy: I cared.....Me: Your scared? M: Yeah, Tori is making noises....Me: What kind of noises? M: Scary noises, like a bear. Me: Mads, Tori has to breathe, Go to bed!!! M: But her scaring me. Me: No hunny, she is snoring. Go to bed!

Victoria, the responsible eight year old she is, is doing her big sister duty in torturing and scaring her younger siblings. Sometimes it is all I can do to not laugh at the good job she does. I'm sure she gets it from her Dad!

Oh the joys of Motherhood!!!!

With this year quickly coming to a close I can't believe how much my children have grown. Victoria is thriving at school and can do no wrong in her teachers eyes, I even have the substitutes calling me aside and complimenting her.

Gavin has completely taken this kindergarten thing and is impressing us more and more each day. His teacher called him a math whiz the other day and it brought a smile to my face.

Maddalyn getting ready for Sunbeams in January is Mom's little assistant. I think some days I am assisting her more then she is me. I assist her in putting her clothes back in the drawers after she has changed them 3-5 times a day. I assist her in picking up the 15 books she has laid so neatly out in a line across my living room floor. I assist her in removing her shorts and flip flops and putting on her winter clothes.

I couldn't ask for a better job then being the Mom to the three greatest kids ever!!!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Sooo dang cute. Your kids put a smile on my face too!