Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Impromtu visit from NY!

My favorite New Yorkers came into town unexpectedly. Amber and her family were here for 12 days and it was FABULOUS!! I really missed them. I picked them up from the airport late Friday Evening and had a wonderful greeting from Holland, Delaney, and Jonas. I got hugged so hard they almost knocked me over. I loved it!!! We did a lot while they were here even though they were here to visit John's sick father. We still managed to go to the thrift store a few times, made a trip to the fabric store, took some photos with Mt. Hood, did a Mother's Day project for my Mom, had a large BBQ with all my extended family, and we finished off thier visit with a trip to the beach the day before they left. The only thing that would have been better is if they didn't have to go back. But we enjoyed thier vist anyway. We went to Johnsrud viewpoint in Sandy before we headed out to Oregon City for our family BBQ.
Our beach trip started in Lincoln City. The kids gathered shells while the Dad's were crabbing. After some unsuccessful attempts we drove down to Newport where the boys tossed the crab nets off the end of the dock. They brought home 3 that they boiled up and had for a late dinner. FUN, FUN, FUN!!
All in all it was a great visit even though we ended up with a few sunburns!!

No comments: