Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Duck, Duck, Goose!!

On a beautiful day this month we arranged to meet Aunt Aleesa and the kids out at Clackamette Park in Oregon City to feed the ducks. Growing up in Oregon City, this was something I have done several times in my life. I have good memories of fun times. I love being able to take my kids to do fun things, it's even more fun to take them to do things that I have done and the places I have done them. We stoppped and got lunch and ate it at the park. The coty has done a lot to develop this park over the years, much nicer now. After lunch the kids played and kicked the soccer ball around a bit. Before we left, we walked down to the river and fed the ducks, there were more geese there than ducks but out of habit I still refer to it as the "duck pond". I know they are mostly geese and I also know its a river. We brought bread from home and the kids took turns, Aunt Aleesa brought popcorn, they loved that too!
I am trying to keep the kids busy this summer, we are trying to do something fun every week. Inexpensive but fun, that's our goal!

No comments: