Monday, August 25, 2008

Our "Peachy" weekend!

At least I admitted we were crazy before we even started. So...Ashley and I, with some sporadic help from a few others, canned 170 quarts of peaches. and 30 or so pints of peach jam. Holy cow! We got our peaches late Thursday night. We got a good start on them on Friday morning and canned all day. We started again on Saturday and canned all day. Then we finished on Sunday afternoon. We thought we would be done on Saturday, but we got slower and slower as the days went on. I have no desire to eat them after spending three days canning them. We had some great help from My brother in-law Sean, My mother in-law Mary, and My mom Julie. We would still be canning if we didn't have their help. Thanks Guys!!

3 comments:

Alex said...

You should eat them. They are YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!! We almost have our jar gone

Shannon said...

Okay, if you insist, we will help you eat them!

Cali said...

Katie and Carrie did a bunch of canning too. I just don't have the patients for that kind of stuff. All that work should make them taste sweeter! :)