Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August is here and it is HOT!!

So, with summer approaching the down hill slide. It is definately making an impression on this family. We call our air conditioned house, our "cave". We leave the blinds shut, the doors closed, and the A/C on. Today is going to make it to a sweltering 96 degrees. I understand this may not be hot to some or in some states, but the humidity alone in Portland is enough to kill you on an 80 degree day.

Victoria says she is ready to start school, Mom says, "See ya!" Although she does very well to be the entertainment for the other two kids, it is much easier to handle two than three.

Our anniversary is one month away, what do you do for your ten year. I would think it should be important. Blayne asks me what I want or what I want to do, and I say, " I don't know." Yeah, I am no help.

Here's to four weeks until school is in session!!!

2 comments:

Cali said...

It is hot! I hide out in my house too. We don't have central air, but we have a couple of window A/C units and they are a lifesaver!!! I couldn't imagine trying to sleep at night without one!

Congrats on your upcoming anniversary!! 10 years? Has it really been that long... I remember your wedding like it was just a few years ago. Time flies I guess. Jeff and I went to Bonneville Hot Springs Resort for my birthday last year and it was AWESOME!! You and hubby should go! They have a great restaurant and a private hot tub. There's also a spa where you can get couples massages. Check out their website: www.bonnevilleresort.com

Shannon said...

I like Cali's idea...that sounds awesome!! Can we come?? Hehe...just kidding. :)