Thursday, December 3, 2009

Was that bad..............

So, Victoria has two front teeth that have been loose for a long time. She is going the the dentist on the 15th and they will be pulled if they are not gone yet. They are in the way. I gave her the choice that either Dad could pull it or the dentist would have to do it. So she reluctantly agreed to let Dad do it, I offered her $5 if she went through with it, so that made her more motivated. Blayne was very tender and he showed her how to twist and turn, forward and back repeatedly. He started then she decided she wanted to do it. So, surprised, I told her, "Serious? If YOU pull it out I will give you $10 instead of $5!" As the blood started to get on her hands, she just grabbed a paper towel, Blayne worked with it a little, Chelsea twisted on it too! Finally Blayne felt that it was really close, so he told her to keep turning. All the sudden you hear this scream, "I GOT IT!!!" I followed with a , "WOOHOO!! Good Job!!" Victoria quickly came back with, "Give me my ten bucks Mom!" Hands covered with blood, blood all over her mouth, she just wanted her prize money. Victoria is the tender, girly girl type. This was not in her comfort zone, so I am very proud of her. I learned that all it takes is ten bucks and I can get her to do anything, good to know, I will definitely remember that! I can honestly say she surprised me tonight.

So again I ask, Is that bad, bad that I bribed my 7 year old to pull her own tooth?


2 comments:

Louise Bowdon said...

no, i bribe my kid all the time.

Cali said...

Eeeeewwwwww! Show that pic to her first date at 16... she'll probably never have her first kiss!! LOL! Nice work Victoria! And please, bribes are so allowed.