Monday, November 30, 2009

Christmas? So Soon?

November went like a whirl, I can't believe Christmas is right around the corner but surprisingly enough I think I AM READY!! WOOHOO!!!!

November, gone already. It has been so long since I have done a post. Hmmmm, after Gavin's birthday we pretty much just continued to get ready for Christmas while Thanksgiving was approaching.

Our Maddy, because it wasn't good enough to get stuck in the frame of my bed once so she thought she would try again. Thank goodness she wasn't successful, I don't think I could have handled that again! Of course I had to stop and get a picture!


The weekend before Thanksgiving was another work weekend for Blayne at the Martins. I bought these punch balls from the dollar store to help the kids pass time. They loved them. Poor Abram, I didn't blow one up for him at first but then it became apparent that he wasn't having it, he started taking everyone elses. It was a good thing I bought extras.


Saturday night, we all went to see New Moon, except Jake, he volunteered for kid duty (gladly volunteered)! It was great except............I came home to Victoria with a 103 degree fever. UGH!!! So much fun, not really. Tuesday we were still dealing with it so we took her in to urgent care and it was the same ole' "It's just a cold virus, it will have to run it's course, they last from 5-7 days and day 3 or 4is usually the worst, she should be on the down hill side of it." R-I-G-H-T!!

Then Thanksgiving arrived and it was a really good day. We spent it with the Fletcher family this year. All of my brothers and sisters were in town and we got some great pictures. We also used this as our Fletcher Christmas since not everyone will be home this year for Christmas. I enjoyed it a lot, it was busy and hectic but I wouldn't have had any other way. We took the opportunity to take some group family pictures.








Thanksgiving evening it was back to Martin's for another work weekend, plus Ashley and I wanted to do a little shopping on "Black Friday". Our plans were foiled, Emily showed up on Tuesday to my house with a bit of a cough and fever which she could very well have gotten from Victoria. Wednesday Abram woke up with "the" high fever. Friday Ashley took them in and both of them had Croup. Saturday morning Gavin started in with the fever and cough and Saturday afternoon Maddy. Needless to say there wasn't much shopping done. We did drag them to Freddy's on Friday to pick up some intended items we needed but nothing special. They actually were all pretty pathedic looking.


So lets hope December holds more holiday fun at less time taking care of my sick little lovelies. I am happy that I am mostly ready and can spend less time stressing out and more time enjoying the season with my kids. They are all of an age that they know and can enjoy more so the meaning of Christmas and not the whirlwind of it all. I am enjoying our traditions we are starting for our family.

No comments: