Friday, November 13, 2009

The Boy Turns #5

What a birthday it was! Gavin got to spend the whole day with G'ma Mary. She started with coming over and making the kids chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Then she took him shopping for his birthday present. He was begging for converse high tops, so G'ma bought them and also the coolest Smart Wool socks ever!!! Then out to lunch and ice cream.


When he got home, G'ma Julie, G'pa Lloyd, Kaleb (cousin), Tony, Mom, Dad, Victoria, and Maddy were waiting for him. I cheated and bought Spider Man cupcakes, I made a cake too it just wasn't decorated. So he had cupcakes and MORE ice cream.


Presents Galore! Rubber boots, pants, shirts, etc. I had him open the big present from Blayne and I last. I thought I had bought the best present ever, we got him 2 airsoft guns. What cool parents we are (I thought).
Then it happened, Chelsea showed up after everyone had left. She and Tony purchased a gift together and Gavin had to stay up late, and wait for her to get there. Finally the time came and he opened it, there it was, THE BEST PRESENT EVER!!! What every 5 yr old that loves transformers wants..........TO BE BUMBLE BEE!!!!!

He talks, he plays music, he makes the transforming sound, he changes the sound of your voice. Gavin loves it. Later that night after he was told to go to bed I went upstairs to check on him, after being told not to leave Bumble Bee on his night stand because when Maddy got up at 6:45am she would find him and play with him. So when I got up there, I couldn't find where he put Bumble Bee, then I noticed it, Bumble Bee was under his covers with him. He wears him every chance he gets. Did you know he can do anything with Bumble Bee on, like punch Victoria in the nose and claim that Bumble Bee did it. LOL! I felt bad but it was funny!





It didn't end that day. G'pa Doug was unable to be at his party. So the next evening he took Gavin out to McDonald's for dinner, they played on the play structure for a while then he took him out to DQ and got him a blizzard. My boy is going to turn into ice cream soon! Let me tell ya, we had one busy birthday!

3 comments:

The Martins said...

Well he won't ever complain he didn't have a good birthday!

Doug, Monica, Alyssa and Dylan said...

sounds like you guys had a fun, busy day!!! that's awesome!

Brenton & Melissa said...

I really wish we could have been there. It looks like Gavin had an AWESOME birthday!!! Can't wait to see you guys in a month!!! miss you bunches!!!