Sunday, November 1, 2009

What a happy Halloween it was!


It all started with Victoria's Bug and Spider party at school. Mary and I went, with Gavin and Maddy, we helped the kids do a scavenger hunt. In their hunt they found all of the ingredients to dirt cake, it was messy! Later that evening we went to the ward Harvest Party where the kids got to trunk-or-treat.

Halloween finally came and the kids would have been trick-or-treat at 10:00am if they could have. The city of Sandy did safe trick-or-treat from 2-5pm. Maddy fell asleep on our way up there so Blayne took Tori and Gavin while our friend Kristal and I took Maddy home. It gave me time to get ready for dinner etc. My Halloween tradition is a pot of chili with cornbread and I put cider in my crock pot with mulling spices. We had Kristal, Truman, Shannon and Lexi, Tony, Chelsea, and Mary all at our house for the majority of the evening.

The boys took all the kids out. After a bit they brought back the two little girls, Lexi and Maddy, home then took the the big kids back out. The girls stayed home and gave candy out to our trick-or-treaters.

All and all the evening was a blast, the kids got MORE THAN ENOUGH candy. It will last them all year. I enjoyed it because all of my kids are now old enough to actually enjoy it.

Quickly off to November we go!!!

1 comment:

Doug, Monica, Alyssa and Dylan said...

sounds like you guys had a busy, fun time! coolness. hope to see ya sooner than later...