Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Where did May come from?

All the sudden not only is May here it's almost half way over. Boy has it been busy so far in the Yates house. I would be happy if it would slow down but I don't see that happening anytime soon!
We ended April with a huge work project. We concreted our dog kennel and extended our patio all in one day. We were blessed to have the McNamee boys willing to come help out at the last minute and save our fannies.





We started the month helping Curt and Aimee move, then after me being ambulanced to the ER after passing out and seizing in Target, Blayne took a few days off to take care of me. Then my Mom took over for Friday, she came out and spent the day with me. Saturday was beautiful we took the kids and spent the day at the park.




I had a wonderful Mother's day on Sunday. Breakfast in bed, roses, a card, the whole works! Then we spent the afternoon at Blayne's Grandma's house for a nice BBQ with his side of the family.





Victoria made the day a little more exciting after coming in from the backyard and announcing she had pulled out her own tooth. That's a step up from us having to pay her to let us touch even them, let alone try to pull one out.


Blayne took Monday off of work so he could take the missionaties up to Mt. Hood for thier P-day. G'ma Mary stayed with the kids and I was able to tag along. It was a beautiful day, the snow was falling and the sun was shinning. We took them on a tour of Timberline Lodge.



Later that afternoon my good friend Crystal came into town on Monday and spent 3 days doing hair at my house. This is Emily (McNamee) having a conditioning treatment done.

That's only 12 days into the month! Like I said, no slowing in sight!

Victoria turns 8 on the last day of this month so we are having her take the missionary discussions in preparation for her baptism at the beginning of next month. She is very excited! Of course we are excited for her too! So I realize it's been a while since my last post but it's NOT because I don't have anything going on!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Busy? Oh...I thought all that was just another normal day for the Yates family! :)

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

Whoa, whoa! What about the ER and having a seizure in Target? Did I read that right? Holy cow, woman! Slow down!

The Babkm5 said...

cute blog...I was looking at Chelsea's and saw yours. May has gone by sooo fast! It is craziness how fast our kiddos are growing too! What a cute family you have, hopefully you are able to stop for a minute and take a breath.