Monday, June 21, 2010

Lane Family Reunion in Etna California

Blayne and I were fortunate enough to be able to attend the family reunion on my Mom's side of the family this last weekend. It was held in Etna California, the weather was beautiful but the company was better. Victoria headed day a day earlier with her Aunt Ashley, cousin Emily, and my Mom and Dad. G'pa Doug and G'ma Mary were kind enough to keep Gavin and Maddy for the weekend so Blayne and I could make a quick trip.

We got there Friday evening. Aunt Helen headed up some fun games of Bingo. After we sat around and shared some memories of growing up together as children on the property. A lot of laughs were had, it was great.






Saturday morning we woke up at 6:00 am with the beautiful sun shining through our tent. We were suppose to have breakfast at 7:00, of course everything is run "tentatively" when your camping.
After breakfast our immediate family put on a carnival for everyone. At one point my Grandpa's brother did a head count of 96. It was about 76 degrees. My Mom was in charge of the cake walk which she handed over to my sister which I help my sister do for a little while. There were so many fun things to do. Blayne enjoyed the marshmallow guns. He and all the boys enjoyed shooting the girls while we were doing all other activities.







This years reunion was focused on My Grandpa, so my aunt and cousin did a slide show of his life. Everyone laugh and everyone cried, it was very nice. After which everyone was given the opportunity to put in their own memory if they wished. Then we had a BBQ put on by my parents of which Blayne and my Dad were the cooks of.
After lunch we drove around the city while my Mom told stories about the houses she lived, the house that Grandma burned down, the pond that Aunt Helen drown in, etc. It was fun to listen to her tell the stories.




Sunday, Father's day morning, we got up and tore down camp early. Blayne, Tori, and I left around 8:30am and made it home around 3:00pm. We came home to happy children and a great lasagna dinner from my mother in-law. It was fantastic, other than the pure exhaustion of squeezing so much into so few days, but exhaustion or not, I wouldn't change it if I could!! So until next years reunion.........

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Sounds like a super fun time!! And good weather to boot! :)