Monday, July 26, 2010

July coming to an end!

Blayne came home late from work the other night and hollered at me to come down stairs and bring the camera! We had this little visitor hanging out on our Welcome sign next to out front door. I'm surprised it stayed there as long as it did. My kids were all already in bed so they were bummed when all they got to see were pictures!


We stopped by my parents last weekend, of course we can't leave until G'pa gives everyone a ride on the four wheeler! You'd of thought, by the way they were screaming, that they weren't having fun! The screaming continued as we pried them off of it to get them into the car.

July has been an extremely busy month for our family. I'm hoping August is a little more quiet especially since I will be sending not 1 but 2 kids to school in the fall. This last weekend we took a trip to OMSI with some friends. The kids had so much fun, we were slightly out numbered, 4 adults to 8 kids! I think my kids could have stayed there all day long. So many things to see and stimulate their growing minds. Gavin and Maddy both managed to get soaking wet playing with the boats in the water.




Last week sometime I mentioned to Tori, "when I was little we would go down to the duck pond and feed the ducks. So don't throw out that bread let's save it to feed the ducks." I haven't heard the end of it since. So after OMSI I promised we could go feed the ducks. I think the 15 minutes they took to use all the bread was better then the four hours we spent at OMSI. They had so much fun! It brought back so many childhood memories, the days with no cares or worries!


Blayne and Gavin went to the annual Fly-in Cruise-in yesterday. We have only entered four car shows with our VW and yesterday was Blayne's fourth trophy. He placed for "Best Foreign". I love the appreciation we continue to receive from people, strangers, that they can appreciate the time and work we put into restoring Blayne's bug. Good job babe!



All and all it's been a great month. I'll let you know for sure after our drive to Boise this upcoming weekend. Oh yeah! My friend and I bleached Blayne's hair, it's white!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You're hoping August will be quiet?? Since when do you ever have a "quiet" month? LOL. Love the pics. :)