Saturday, October 10, 2009

Victoria's 1st Major Haircut (yes it's true!)

Well, it may be hard to believe but Victoria has never had her haircut other than a minor 1" trim. I'm not exaggerating, 1" while being overseen by her Daddy. Blayne has always been pro long hair. So I willingly supported his preference, I also enjoy my daughters beautiful long hair. I enjoy playing with it and doing creative styles with it.

Victoria has been complaining lately of headaches. I don't know if this is the only factor but I believe it may be a contributing one. After a phone call from school 2 weeks ago with a very upset girl do to a headache I pleaded with her Dad to let me cut it. Blayne, probably against his desire, agreed to let us cut it.

BEFORE:



I was going to have my Mom do a simple trim but then my friend Crystal was going to be in town the following week and she offered to do it. Victoria was sure she couldn't bare the 4 days longer that she had to wait for Crystal to do it. The day finally arrived and she could hardly hold still so Crystal could cut it in a straight line.

DURING:



I am sure Crystal took a good 6 inches off. The biggest difference will be all of the weight she took out of it by thinning it. I am very happy, it looks great. Victoria loves it! Blayne on the other hand, "Whatever, It's fine." I could clobber him, it's only hair, it grows back. That's the story he feed me when he tells me he wants to shave his head and I am against it. So it is definitely a good thing, and I haven't heard any complaints of any headaches! WooHoo!

FINAL RESULT!:

5 comments:

Cali said...

What a gorgeous girl! If only we all had "too much hair"!! I freakin' wish. Tell Blayne that little girls need to hear how beautiful they are from their daddies. Regardless of hair length!

Doug, Monica, Alyssa and Dylan said...

it looks so cute! still long and beautiful! hope it helps with the headaches.

Alex said...

It looks so good! I cant belive how long it really was. You dont really notice when its pulled into a pony. WOW. Love it!

Myk said...

It looks great! Tell her I sympathize with her. My parents wouldn't let me cut mine either. I was little house on the prairie girl with two long ugly braids every day. Long hair is over rated.

Amanda said...

Cute!! My dad was the same way growing up.. he always joked that he liked me better because I kept my hair long.. versus Jessa who always cut it short.