Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Kudos to Home Depot

So, preparing for new carpet in the kids rooms, we decided to paint first. Smart and normal idea. This morning Gavin and I decide we will go by and pick out some paint for his room. After convincing him he didn't want black, and I would NEVER let him paint it black, we picked out a cool blue. "Blue Chaise" and also a "Lemon Grass" green, and naturally a white also.

After returning home with 3 cans of paint I decide to wait to paint until Blayne gets home. I went into Gavin's room to spackle a few nail holes. So, Gavin being the very helpful 4 year old that he is, goes down stairs and brings me up one of the paint cans, "No Gavin, I am not ready for that, Take it back down stairs, and hold it correctly or else you will drop it!" Seconds later Gavin runs upstairs, "Mommy, I accidentally dropped the paint, and it opened, and it spilled, and it is on the kitchen floor!" WHAT!!!!!!! So I run downstairs and sure enough I have a gallon of "Blue Chaise" paint on my kitchen floor. Fortunate it didn't get on the hard wood floor, or the carpet, or the cupboards. I frantically grab all of the junk towels in the kitchen that I can get my hands on, scoop all the paint that I can on to the area rug that was all ready covered, then managed to get the rug into a garbage bag. Then I filled my mop bucket with hot soapy water and started scrubbing!! I love my son!!

After going over my awful experience with my mother in-law, she poses the question, "Was the lid on well enough, should it have come off that easily?" So I called my Home Depot, and posed the same question to them. "Well, we have a machine that securely puts the lid on, but it is not guaranteed. Did it get on the pavement or.....well were you able to get it off the kitchen floor?" I reassured her I wasn't looking for any damage control, I merely inquired if they would kindly replace my paint. Without hesitation she agreed. I think she was relieved I didn't want any compensation. You gotta love good service!!

Needless to say, we are waiting for Daddy to get home before we start painting. Thank goodness Maddalyn was in her room napping, I could imagine her thinking SHE needed to help too! Being a mom is GREAT!! I just have to keep telling myself this, and I may live through it without going crazy.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Im so glad you got it cleaned up. I cant wait to see what his room looks like...the colors sound awesome!